Fresh off charging $10 for a current-gen upgrade that only adds some visual and performance features, Rockstar Games has announced that it is adding an optional subscription service to Grand Theft Auto Online. This premium service, called GTA+, is only available on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S and will cost $5.99 a month and give users a few benefits when it launches on March 29.
According to Rockstar’s website, it will add $500,000 into each member’s Maze Bank account in the game and give them the ability to get properties that unlock gameplay updates, vehicle upgrades, discounts, GTA$, and reputation points. In addition to the monthly lump sum, it will also offer new rewards every month, which subscribers have about a month to claim. Members will even get access to special GTA+ Shark Card deals on the PlayStation Store or Microsoft Store. The first month of benefits will include:
- GTA$500,000 delivered automatically to your Maze Bank Account.
- The Principe Deveste Eight — along with a complimentary Hao’s Special Works upgrade for it before it is made available to purchase by the general public — plus the HSW Orange Trip and HSW CMYK Glitch Liveries.
- The Auto Shop located in La Mesa, introduces an assortment of gameplay updates from Los Santos Tuners. Current Auto Shop owners can relocate to La Mesa at no additional cost.
- Waived LS Car Meet Membership fees. Current LS Car Meet members with GTA+ will be reimbursed GTA$50,000 during this event period.
- Yacht owners can upgrade to the Aquarius Super Yacht at no additional cost.
- The Gussét Frog Tee and Broker Prolaps Basketball Top and Shorts automatically added to your wardrobe.
- The Conveyor Livery for the Mammoth Avenger, HVY APC, and TM-02 Khanjali.
- A selection of free paints and emblems for the Auto Shop.
- A three times multiplier for GTA$ and RP on Hao’s Special Works Race Series.
- A two times multiplier for Car Meet Rep on the Street Race Series.
These will be separate from the regular GTAO events, which will still continue for everyone. Rockstar will reveal more GTA+ details, including how to cancel, on March 29 when the GTA+ section of Rockstar’s site goes live.